Easy care for your treated floor applied by Ed's Floor Sanding
To make the most of the appearance and longevity of your freshly coated floor a small amount of extra care straight away will be of benefit.
- Do not walk on the floor for at least 24 hours, then test the surface in stockinged feet and if this leaves an imprint leave it a bit longer.
- You should wait at least three days before walking on the surface in your everyday outdoor shoes - preferably five days if you can. The curing process for Urethane coatings takes some days and the abrasion from shoes may damage it if the curing is not complete.
- Try not to move furniture on freshly coated floors for a few weeks to avoid unnecessary damage to the surface. Put protective pads or cups (felt based) on castors and legs on your chairs and tables or any other contact points.
The weather does affect curing times - in colder weather the curing will take longer - in warmer weather it will be quicker.
Simple and easy ongoing care for your floor
- Use an anti-static mop to wipe over the floor regularly.
- If soiling is heavier use Ed's Floor Sanding Polyclean to wash the area to keep the gloss and shine on your floor.
- Use paper towels to clean up any spillages as quickly as possible.
- STRONG ABRASIVE OR CHEMICAL FLOOR CLEANERS MUST NOT BE USED.
- Try to minimise abrasive outdoor elements being transferred via footwear to the floor as this is one of the major contributors to wear of the surface.
- Mats at entry to the area should be changed regularly to minimise the above.